It Hurts to be Horizontal

Witty (or possibly lame) banter between two friends.

Friday, July 14, 2006

What the hey!

Why not explore. Yeah, you might find some crazies - but isn't that what life is all about? Getting to know people, exploring your world, talking up sports, getting drunk?

I gues you could try places like eharmony.com - but who wants the fun of legit organizations.

I think you remember this story... On KISW years ago the morning team had a goldfish called "Goldie" - it was their goal to see if the fish could get a credit card like some animals around the US were getting. For FUN I decided to put an ad in the "Stranger" for Goldie to come join in her "tub of fun."

At this time the morning team was relatively new (maybe two years or so in the Seattle market) and they had never heard about "The Stranger." So I called them up and asked if they had gotten any response.

Yes, 57 people had called "Goldie's" message line. They tried to get one of them on the phone - but they wouldn't talk. It ended up being a bust but "The Stranger" got a TON of free publicity which, I think, enabled them to move to a bigger size paper and pull in more readers.

Since that time I've wanted to put in an ad that says:

Woman wants safe sex. Call me.

Just to see HOW MANY reponses I would get. Nothing about age, looks, orafices, etc. And just see. Probably lots and lots.

Turn this into art, Jen. I know you can do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home