It Hurts to be Horizontal

Witty (or possibly lame) banter between two friends.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

I'm back from vacation...

Thank GOD for long weekends.

But…

I’m swamped with stuff I need to get done. I recently finished a script and am trying to go through a quick re-write of it. Never a good idea to go fast on these things.

Spent the weekend camping and then spent yesterday and last night enjoying the 4th. Which means eating A LOT of crap and drinking A LOT of beer and spending money just to see it explode in an array of colors and sparks. OOOOOH, coooool.

I can’t see why you can be friends with exes. What’s to stop you? I guess it all goes back to how the break-up happened. If you both agreed at a certain point that it wasn’t working then, well, it wasn’t working and you move on and you SHOULD be friends.

If one of you kicked the other to curb because they were, well, an asshole and then you broke up in a way that wasn’t very nice and someone felt cheated and stepped on, etc. Well, then, maybe you’d need a little space.

In high school I had this friend who was a girl and she was cool and all and we ended up making out a couple times and she gave me the book “The Prophet” by Kalil Gibran (or whatever). And we, well, uh, broke up or something. I don’t really recall. The next thing I know she’s hanging with this guy named Kiskaddon who was, really, a nerd and not nearly as attractive as me and I’m wondering: “What the fu…?” And then I later asked her: “What happened to us?” And she looked at me and, in all seriousness said: “I don’t know.”

So there. Could I be her friend? Probably.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home