It Hurts to be Horizontal

Witty (or possibly lame) banter between two friends.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Howzitgoin'?

What a weird wacky world we live in. Can you believe a sentence with five words that start with "W?"

How goes the hunt for the perfect guy?

There's so much going on at work. Good, bad, indifferent. I would discuss it but, of course, they probably have people out there just waiting to read blogs to see if I "slam" them on something...or other. Who knows.

Yesterday it got up to 70 degrees! Today it's upper 40's and raining.

"Heroes" won't be back on until April 23!! (a day before your birthday)

Are you ready to come home?

Okay - maybe this "blog entry" should have been relegated to an e-mail but...my e-mail at work ain't working.

GREAT DEALS!!

It's not often this old SOB finds a great deal on-line but, lo and behold, I found one...

I join Columbia House DVD club on a regular basis. This last time I joined I got my first seven films for $13.00

5 or 6 of these films are 2 disc special editions that would cost at least $24.99 at your local Borders or Fred Meyer.

Then I got "The Departed" (two disc special edition) and "Fiddler on the Roof" (two disc special edition. It was "Buy 1 get 1 free." Both I would have bought anyway and Sam's Club was selling "Fiddler" for $17. Both of them? $30.00

Then I got the steal of the day. 8 Pedro Almodovar films, plus an extra disc, for the UNHEARDOFPRICE of $20. With S & H, $29.00.

I paid. I quit. That's 7 + 2 + 8= 17 movies for a total of $72. That averages out to less that $4.50 PER MOVIE! And, again, I'm getting the 2 disc special edition films because I can get the single disc films from Netflix!

So I rejoined this morning.

Yay for me and my special deals.

Later....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home